Hurricane Impact Bahama Shutters
Bahama Shutters offer complete security as well as authentic styling that was inspired by architecture of the islands. The Bahama Shutter begins with an all extruded aluminum shutter, that offers strength without compromising on beauty, and enhances the aesthetics and value of any home or business.
Not only does our line of Tropic Bahama shutters offer privacy, light control and ventilation, but it also protects the structure against heavy rains and damaging winds. Each Tropic Bahama shutter features fully adjustable telescoping arms for maximum shading. The tropic Bahama shutter was the first Bahama style shutter to meet the new impact and wind loading test required by the stringent Dade and Broward County building code.
Advantages of bahama shutters
- Permanently affixed beside the windows and don't require any extra storage space.
- Can easily be made storm-ready by one person.
- Provide permanent shade and privacy, even in the open position.
DisADVANTAGES OF BAHAMA SHUTTERS
- Have traditionally been weaker than other systems, but the newest models protect well.
- Some people complain that they block too much light.
- Design limits their use. They can't be used to protect doors.
Average cost: $18-$30 per square foot
Average storm preparation time: 15-30 minutes for an entire house.
The tropic Bahama Shutter is available in the standard configuration or the new impact resistant configuration. Let the experts at JS Construction 2 LLC add this practical shutter to your home.
Contact us to get started.